We're design nerds who jumped at the idea of creating bespoke packaging for Algae. After developing our first ideas we realized branded packaging is less likely to be re-used by our customers. We've left our packaging intentionally bare in hopes it will be re-used many times before being disposed of.
(1) We purchase our boxes from EcoEnclose. They are 100% recycled, and can be reused, composted, or recycled at the end of their life. We had custom sizes made in order to use as little material as possible when packing your items.
(2) Our stuffing is either 100% recycled craft paper from EcoEnclose, or re-used paper from our vendors. It can all be re-used, composted, or recycled.
(3) Your items may be wrapped in our favorite blue tissue paper. It is 100% recycled, and can be re-used, composted, or recycled.
(4) Our tape is plastic free! We use EcoEnclose's kraft paper tape with a water activated corn starch adhesive.
(5) Your items may be tied with either a hemp or jute twine. Both are biodegradable and can be thrown in your compost pile!
(6) Your shipment will include a thank you note with any special instruction for you products written on paper embedded with wildflower seeds. The paper is made from post-consumer materials and can be ripped into pieces and planted in soil to grow. Any cut-offs from making these cards are planted and grown at our Algae Goods office.